This year marks the sixth-annual Excelapalooza, our exciting and informational Excel-based user conference. And while many of you may have attended in the past and have learned a great deal about both BizNet Software and Excelapalooza itself, there are still a number of details we’ve kept to ourselves… until now.
- The very first Excelapalooza was hosted October 28-30, 2012. Today, the conference stretches across four days and delivers fresh content each year!
- Sometime in the late 2000’s, BizNet searched high and low for an Excel-based conference to co-sponsor or partner with, thinking there surely must be something out there given how popular Excel is, right? Wrong! After that, we coined the term “Excelapalooza” and the rest is history.
- We’ve once had “The Father of the Spreadsheet” Dan Bricklin speak at our conference!
- Since our conference is in our home town of Dallas, we like to treat our guests to some down home, real Texas-style fun. In previous years, we’ve ridden mechanical bulls, toured AT&T Stadium (home of the Dallas Cowboys) and even raced armadillos.
- We have people from all over the world attend Excelapalooza.
- We give away some pretty cool prizes. They’ve ranged from tablets to a football signed by Troy Aikman!
- In 2015, our keynote speaker was Cynthia Cooper, former Vice President of Internal Audit at WorldCom. In 2002, Cooper and her team unearthed $3.8 billion in fraud at WorldCom, which at the time was the largest incident of accounting fraud in U.S. history. We even gave out signed copies of her book.
- In 2016, we had Microsoft Senior Program Manager Renu Devi speak!
- We’ve been told the food we cater for breakfast and lunch is to die for.
- Every year, we’re lucky to have “MrExcel” himself speak at Excelapalooza. Bill Jelen is the founder of MrExcel.com and the president/CEO of MrExcel Consulting. He’s published more than 50 Excel-specific books and has made over 80 guests appearances on TV’s “Call for Help” with Leo Laporte.
To learn more about our Excel-based user conference, visit the Excelapalooza website and be sure to register for early bird pricing before May 31!